OrthoToday Frequently Asked Questions
What is ORTHOTODAY?
The Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Center (OSMS) now offers same-day access to a staff of board certified providers for management of acute orthopedic and sports injuries for patients of all ages. OSMS’s mission to their patients is to improve accessibility to quality care and improve responsiveness to patients’ emergent orthopedic needs.
What are the Benefits of Coming to ORTHOTODAY?
- Same Day Access for acute injuries with just a phone call
- Specialized Care
- Easy Follow-up Care
- Avoid ER Co-pay
What do ORTHOTODAY Providers Treat?
- Sprains and Strains
- Fractures and Dislocations
- Sports Injuries
- Muscle Pain
- Pediatric Injuries
- Foot and Ankle Injuries
- Knee and Hip Injuries
- Hand, Wrist, Elbow, and Shoulder Injuries
- Cast or wound dressing problems
What don’t the ORTHOTODAY Providers Treat?
- Chronic problems
- Second Opinions
- Back and Neck Pain
- Pain Medication Refills
- Serious injuries that require an ER visit such as open fractures, open/draining wounds or infections, spinal injuries, and head trauma.
How do I know whether I should go to ORTHOTODAY or to the Emergency Room?
- If you have life threatening injuries that may include excessive bleeding, exposed-open bony fractures, open/draining wounds or head and neck/spine trauma, go directly to the Emergency Room.
- ORTHOTODAYproviders treat non-emergent musculoskeletal injuries or pain like suspected broken bones, sprains/strains, and other joint or soft tissue injuries. Often these feel like an emergency however they are easily handled in an office setting.
What Professionals are staffing ORTHOTODAY?
- ORTHOTODAYis staffed by a team of qualified and experienced Orthopedic Surgeons, Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants along with support from Radiology Staff, Orthopedic Technicians and Bracing Specialists.
What are the hours of ORTHOTODAY Operations?
- Monday-Friday: 9am-5pm
Does ORTHOTODAY treat both children and adults?
Yes, we care for musculoskeletal injuries in either the injured child athlete or the senior citizen whom fell in their garden and everything in between.
What Insurances are accepted by ORTHOTODAY?
- We accept most insurance, click here for a complete list or call our Billing Department at 410-295-8900 Option 1.
- Some insurance companies require a Primary Care Referral to see our Providers. Our staff will assist you in every way in obtaining that referral.
Will I have a co-pay if I come to ORTHOTODAY?
If your insurance company requires you to pay a co-pay when visiting a Doctor’s office then it is likely that a co-pay will be required at the time of service at ORTHOTODAY. This co-pay will likely be cheaper than an Emergency Room Co-pay.
Where is ORTHOTODAY located?
2000 Medical Parkway, Suite 101
Annapolis, MD 21401
8109 Ritchie Highway
Pasadena, Md 21401