Foot & Ankle
The Foot and Ankle Division at OSMS brings together a team of dedicated and highly trained physicians: Dr. Edward Holt, Dr. Adrienne Spirt, Dr. David Keblish, Dr. Elizabeth Friedmann, podiatrist Denise Varquez-Hoffman, D.P.M., and support staff to diagnose and treat all conditions of the foot and ankle.
Our providers and staff provide comprehensive and specialized care for conditions caused from work and sports related injuries, fractures, deformities, congenital defects and disease processes. By getting treatment as early as possible in our state-of the facility, patients can be assured of the very best care.
Diagnostic and treatment regimens include state-of-the-art advancements in microscopic and endoscopic surgical procedures, permitting the correction of many conditions in an outpatient setting while reducing the need and inconvenience of a hospital stay.
Specialized treatments and surgical procedures employed are used to treat the following conditions:
- Ankle and foot trauma
- Post traumatic reconstruction
- Pediatric and newborn deformities and injury
- Ligament sprains and tears
- Achilles’ tendon
- Heel pain
- Plantar fasciitis
- Stress fractures
- Bunions, hammertoes, clawtoes
- Ankle and foot arthritis
- Foot Biomechanics
- Congenital and Acquired Deformities
Podiatry is a specialized branch of medicine that involves the non-surgical and surgical treatment of a variety of disorders of the foot and ankle. Podiatrist Denise Varquez-Hoffman, D.P.M treats multiple foot problems that co-exist with systematic or local illness, or the proximate results of an illness, such as diabetic complications, neuropathy, pedal numbness, pain and ulceration.
Podiatrists are also heavily involved in the field of orthotics and foot prosthetics, and may assist in the ordering and design of special shoes for their patients. They routinely treat superficial soft tissue problems involving the toes, provide toenail surgery and treat a wide variety of skin disorders of the foot.
Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Specialists Podiatrist:
- Achilles Tendon Problems
- Ankle Sprain
- Applying a Compression Wrap for a Sprained Ankle
- Broken Toe
- Bunion Surgery
- Corticosteroid Injections for Plantar Fasciitis
- Exercises to Reduce Plantar Fasciitis
- Finding the Right Footwear for your Foot Problem
- Flatfoot (Pes Planus)
- Hammer, Claw, and Mallet Toes
- Plantar Fascia Release
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Rehabilitation Exercises for an Ankle Sprain
- Surgery for an Achilles Tendon Rupture
- Toe, Foot, and Ankle Injuries
- Toe, Foot, and Ankle Problems, Noninjury