Hand, Wrist, Elbow, & Shoulder
The Hand, Wrist, Elbow, and Shoulder Division at The orthopedic and Sports
Medicine Center brings together a team of dedicated and highly trained
physicians, Dr. Jeffrey Gelfand, Cyrus Lashgari,
and Alexander Shushan. Our specially trained and board certified
physicians and their support staff use state-of-the-art procedures to
diagnose, manage and correct conditions for the upper extremity
Diagnostic and treatment regimens include advancements in surgical procedures, permitting the correction of many conditions in an ouptient setting while reducing the need and inconvenience of a hospital stay.
Specifically, we treat a wide range of hand, wrist, elbow, and shoulder conditions that include:
- Tendon problems such as tennis elbow, acute sports injuries and tendon lacerations
- Trauma and fractures
- Correction of arthritis and its deformities
- Nerve compression conditions including carpal tunnel syndrome
- Severed nerves
- Ganglion (Cyst) of the wrist
- DeQuervain’s Tendinitis
- Dupuytren’s Contracture
- Trigger Finger
- Rotator Cuff Injuries
- Frozen Shoulder
- Labral Tears
- Joint Replacements of the Shoulder
Physicians Specializing in Hand and Wrist
Physicians Specializing in Elbow
- Carter Andrews, PA-C
- Jeffrey Gelfand, M.D.
- Cyrus Lashgari, M.D.
- DaShaun McNeely, PA-C
- Benjamin Petre, M.D.
- Alexander Shushan, M.D.
Physicians Specializing in Shoulder
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Corticosteroids for Carpel Tunnel Syndrome
- De Quervain's Disease
- Dupuytren's Disease
- Endoscopic Carpal Tunnel Surgery for Carpel Tunnel Syndrome
- Finger, Hand, and Wrist Injuries
- Finger, Hand, and Wrist Problems, Noninjury
- Open Carpel Tunnel Surgery for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Preventing Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Scaphoid Fracture of the Wrist